Friday 8 August 2014

bring out the bunting

So, it's been one whole year since I claimed this little space on the internet as mine - and I can't quite believe it. I've admitted many times that I have an on-off relationship with my blog, but I honestly love having a place where I can write whatever I feel like and share my passions with whoever stumbles along my little URL.
I mentioned bunting in the title and so felt it compulsory and obligatory to include some bunting, cheers google images.
Strangely enough, one of my friends text me today to tell me that she'd decided to start up a blog and a YouTube channel, and I found myself telling her all about my blog, which I'd never shared before. It's not that I'm ashamed of my blog - I just thought that if I never told anyone about it, then the audience of my blog will be people who really want to read it, and not because they feel they have to because I'm begging my friends and family.

Telling somebody about my blog was a big thing, as I've always kept it as my little space, where no-one from my everyday life could intrude. This sharing of my site made me sit down and ask myself - why do I blog?

I have found myself asking this question on and off throughout the past year, as often I think "why do I even bother? I only have five followers on here, and I'm pretty sure they're not waiting anxiously for me to press that orange new post button".

I blog because I love to write. Not because I'm wanting to please other people, although I must admit, I do often find myself wistfully imagining hoards of people reading my work and and nodding, agreeing with the craziness of my thoughts and imaginations! (Although I do realise that it may take time to even work out what I'm trying to say).

Even when I am taking a break from my blog (which, as you may gather is rather a lot), I am still writing. Sometimes this isn't by choice, I admit, but ever since I can remember I have wanted to read and write. I would rush home from about the age of eight to try to finish whatever story I was currently writing, and I still to this day have some of the ridiculous tales I wrote, with hand-drawn front covers, adorned with stickers and gel pens. One of my biggest ambitions is to publish a book, and I hope one day this dream will become true and I can share it with my five faithful followers - who were with my from the beginning of this chaotic space.

I write because I love it, and although I do realise that there aren't many people who want to read my stuff, I write in the hope that one day, they will.

To those of you who do read my blog, thank you.

Thank you for putting up with me. For reading every single waffly, gramatically incorrect post. For not arguing with me. Thank you for taking a moment, however tiny to think about what I have written. I appreciate it, and I appreciate you. 

Here's to another year,

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.