Tuesday 20 August 2013

Musician of the Month | Nina Nesbitt

Helllo my lovelies! I've decided that I'm going to have a new segment on my blog, called MUSICIAN OF THE MONTH! *ooooooohhh*

I think that it's pretty obvious what this section will entail, but just in case you haven't cottoned on yet, basically, once a month I will select a musician and I will share with you why I love them so much!

Now, originally I was going to have my all-time favourite YouTube artist as my first post in this segment, but I've decided that I'm going to tell you about someone who actually is releasing a song soon onto iTunes, so maybe, possibly (a hint at one of my favourite YouTube duos!) you could help me get this girl into the top ten? It would be very much appreciated!

So, without further ado, let me introduce you to my very first musician of the month!
(Note - this is the August artist!)

 

Nina Nesbitt!


Yes, that's right, the first Musician of the Month is the fluffy-haired, Scottish singer who's going to take the UK by storm, and what better time to feature her than just after the premiere of the New John Lewis advert, in which she sings the song?!!

perfecto.

Before people start saying that it's not her song, I know. I know that it's a Fleetwood Mac cover, and I adore both versions. I love the spin that Nina has put on it. On the John Lewis adverts, they never use original songs. In the past, Ellie Goulding did a cover (Your Song by Elton John), and Gabrielle Aplin last Christmas covered The Power Of Love by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. (Both of which, may I say, reached no. 1 in the UK iTunes charts! - Hopefully this is a prophesy that Nina Nesbitt with her cover of Don't Stop will also fulfill!)

I first discovered Nina Nesbitt in July 2012 when her single "Only Love" was featured as the iTunes single of the week in the UK. I can remember going on a really long car journey to see my family, and listening to that song on repeat for a good solid 2 hours, and then switching between Avril Lavigne after that, and then back to a bit of Nina.

Since that car journey and my epiphany after the exposure to the beautiful vocals of Miss Nesbitt, I've been converted to a Nesbian. I'm hooked, and let's just say that I have a lot of proof (i.e. I have every single song that she's released on iTunes on my iPod.) Yeah. Not only is she a B-E-A-Utiful singer and songwriter, but I am also in love with the way she dresses and her obsession with Instagram. It's one face I don't mind clogging up my feed.

If you've watched any of Nina's videos, you may find that you know her face. Before being a musician, she was actually a model, but at the beginning of her modelling career, she had brown hair, but she bleached it mid-way through, so there are a mixture of modelling shots where she has different coloured hair. She says she stopped modelling because she was told she was "too fat". WHAAAAAAAATTTT?!? These people must be crazy, because Nina is anything but fat, I mean, just look at her girl!

Another reason why you may recognise Nina Nesbitt is because she appeared in the music video for "Drunk" by Ed Sheeran (lemmie hear you say chuuuuuuunne!). Since meeting Ed, she also supported him on his European tour, and then later on supported Example after he heard her amazing cover of his song "Stay Awake".

She received a bit more recognition in April this year, as her song "Stay Out" from her EP "Stay Out" was put on the 'A List' on BBC Radio 1, which means that it got a lot of airplay prior to it's release, and subsequently it entered at no. 21 on the iTunes chart, but fell to no. 41 the following week :(. However, I strongly urge you go and check this song out, as it is a gorgeous catchy tune. I'm never sure of the genre that she sings, with people saying it ranges from BritPop, to rock, and a hint of country. To be honest, I'm hopeless with musical genres, but all I know is that Nina Nesbitt is DEFINITELY a musician to watch, as I'm sure she is going to be very big in the future!

Here are all the links you need to support (and love) Nina as much as I do:


Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.