Wednesday 14 May 2014

Stephen.


I think most teenagers have heard the quote “My thoughts are stars I can't fathom into constellations”, and this is honestly how I feel at the moment. I have just heard the sad news that Stephen Sutton, one of the most courageous, selfless, amazing, beautiful and inspirational young people in the world has passed away after losing his battle with cancer.

FU Cancer.

All of the adjectives to describe Stephen have already been used so I am unable to complement you and your spirit any more than that. You are beyond words. But you are definitely a hero and you will continue to inspire millions of people.

I never met Stephen, but I’m honestly so upset by his death. I stumbled across his page accidently last summer, and reading his inspirational posts and hearing about his amazing work never fail to remind me of how lucky I am and how you shouldn’t let anything or anyone get in your way. I know it sounds horribly cliché but I really don’t want to regret not doing something or not doing enough in my life, and Stephen has helped me to realise this. You’re only on this earth once, and from now on, I am going to try to make every single day count, just like Stephen did.

I realise I've just said that he lost his battle with cancer, but that isn’t completely true. His body did, yes; but the work that he did and all of the money that he raised brings us all one step closer to kicking cancer’s butt, and let me tell you now – I can’t wait for that day to come.

Before Stephen died he made a video which I would like to share with you. I’ve watched it countless times and each time it makes me feel so inspired. I was going to write a post in a few weeks’ time about how amazing Stephen is and about his battle and what he’s achieved, but it feels right to write it now. I don’t need to tell you about him. The outpouring tributes and this video says it all.


“I don’t see the point in measuring life in terms of time anymore. I’d rather measure life in terms of making a difference.” – Stephen Sutton

Photo courtesy of The Guardian

RIP Stephen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

.

.